Who are we?
Bayeux Intercom Tourist Office was created in 1998 by the “Communauté de Communes Bayeux Intercom” (a grouping of 36 communes).
The Inter-communal Tourist Office is an association governed by Act 1901 of French civil law, and is mostly financed by the Community of Communes.
The status of association enables local councillors and professionals to work together towards the development of tourism in Bessin.
The General Assembly consists of 10 elected members, appointed by the Community of Communes (for the duration of the mandate) and service providers within the Inter-communal area who have paid their membership.
The Board comprises 18 members: 6 local councillors and 12 members.
The Bureau comprises 9 members: 3 local councillors and 6 members.
The Inter-communal Tourist Office has a technical team: 13 permanent employees and 7 seasonal workers, from April to October.
In accordance with the Code of tourism, the Inter-communal Tourist Office operates in the scope of a long-term agreement signed with its supervisory authority. This specifies the tasks entrusted to the Tourist Office:
- Reception and tourist information (Office of Bayeux, Port en Bessin, Longues-sur-Mer and Arromanches),
- Promotion of tourism in line with the Departmental Committee and the Regional Committee for Tourism.
- Coordination of various partners for the development of local tourism.
- Development and implementation of all or part of a tourism policy at a local level, of local programs for the development of tourism, particularly in the areas of development and operation of leisure facilities, studies, animation, organization of festivals and cultural events.
- Marketing of touristic services.
- Consultation on projects of public tourist amenities.
Our Quality commitments
Our tourist information office is committed in a quality approach of the reception and the information. The mean of this initiative is to improve permanently the satisfaction of our visitors. We are commited to :
- Improve the approach, the reception on spot, by phone and by mail
- Improve the management and the provision of the tourist information
- Train regularly our staff to improve their skills
- Measure our visitor’s satisfaction and take into account their expectations
What's onSee what’s on
11/03/2017 - 23/04/2017
24/03/2017 - 14/04/2017